Saturday, November 7, 2009

Off roading in Sharjah







Mallori and I ventured into Sharjah last week, another emirate just north of Dubai. It too has large, stunning buildings comprising a gorgeous skyline, however, it also has its flaws. We haven't seen so much trash on beaches til now. It appears that Abu Dhabi and Dubai both are trying to maintain cleanliness to impress the large amounts of expats living there, however, Sharjah does not seem to have the same approach. We drove around 3 'lagoons' that the city is built around, to find that not many people seem to be there or at least not when we went. The other two cities we've been in are overcrowded, with traffic taking up a large part of the trip, but here it was nice. We enjoyed mexican food at a nice italian restaurant (funny, I know), walked a little on the corniche (boardwalk), then drove the rest. I happened to make a wrong turn and ended up on a road that ended into a pile of sand. Instead of backing up, I felt like being a 'man' and doing it my way, in hopes of finding a new way out. We drove around in the sand for a while, and although i'm impressed with my little toyota yaris rental, I eventually had to turn around and go back the way we came...didn't want to get stuck....It was a fun day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment