Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Place

Hello All!!

This is Mallori, finally blogging on here. Thanks to everyone for your love and prayers during my crazy sickness the past few weeks. I'm doing much better!! Thank God. So we're in our apartment, still trying to get things settled, but it's going good thus far. It's been great having a kitchen where we can cook and prepare food, it's been the best part.

David has pretty much been taking care of everything for us, mainly because I've been under the weather, but also because he has way more patience than me when it comes to dealing with the backwardsness (if that's a word) of this city. It is so easy to get stressed out by the way things operate here. So having david deal with most of the issues with our housing and car and banking, etc., has been great. You all really have to give him kudos because he's done a GREAT job with the transition here.

What else, what else? hmmm...

I went for a massage at a philipino spa and I was in pain the entire time and for about 3 days after. Never again will I go there for anything, nails, massage, wax, nothing. It was so painful and at the time I just assumed that that particular massage was suppose to hurt during but I'd feel great afterwards. Not at all, it sucked.

I'm starting to get bored being a stay at home wife. When we were in the hotel, I didn't notice as much, but now being in our apartment, somewhat in the middle of nowhere, I think I need to keep myself occupied with a job. So hopefully in the next month or so I'll be back in school online and possibly working somewhere here. The debate is dealing with the difficulty of where I would work location wise. We live in Khalifa City which is a suburb of Abu Dhabi. Abu dhabi obviously has the most jobs, BUT I cannot and probably will never drive in this city. It's worse than NYC to me. Three people die everyday here due to car accidents. I've seen about 7 accidents so far. So keep us in prayer when it comes to driving. So, with me NOT driving, working depends on how close it is to home and the hours so David can just drive me to and from.

Well, I'm just going on and on now. Hopefully I'll have more info to share and more experiences to write about in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetie -

    Sorry to hear about your massage :-) -- but it was pretty funny to read your description. Thanks for the updates and keep them coming!!
    Big high-five to David for keeping the Steele household in tact - Thanks David!!

    We're praying for both of you.

    God Bless

    poppy

    ReplyDelete