Thursday, January 14, 2010

Catching up...
















Well, I think it's funny how though we are continents apart, we seem to have the same great ideas...I was thinking today how it's been forever since we've posted anything, so i went out to buy another memory card reader (since mine broke) and post some of these pics i've had on my camera for a while...well, Mallori evidently beat me to it. First, I'll talk about our trip to the Al Ain Zoo, which was not too impressive being used to the amazing Columbus Zoo, home of Jack Hannah. The animals looked starved, the local kids were throwing trash to them (probably hoping to fatten them up) and overall, it wasn't a very eye appealing place...the snack bar and gift shop were kept up better. I think the female lion in the picture is actually dead...Next, we drove up Jebel Hafeet, the highest point in UAE, bordering Al Ain and Oman. It rises over 1000 meters, and at a pretty high slope. Our little Yaris did an excellent job making it to the top, though near the peak Mal begged me to turn back, as we did not know what was on the other side. It was adventurous either way. After an amazing new year, as documented by Mallori's recent post, we drove up to Dubai again for the opening of the Burj Khalifa, the worlds tallest building. I can only imagine how crazy New York must have been in the 30's when the Empire state building opened, but I doubt they would have charged 60 dollars to go the top (per person). I don't think they charge that today! We decided to avoid the crowds and save our money for another time...though I hear the price has gone up since:( It was nice though spending our time together just walking around a huge mall, before my lovely wife would leave the country for the next couple of months. Since then, we've been managing, though I am noticing how the little things are big when you miss them, like kisses goodbye, or arguing over who holds the remote (though Mal usually wins), or simply a warm hug as I arrive home from work...these things keep me going...however, We are going to push through this time apart, knowing that our love has taken us over mountains, and it will definately lead us through these valleys. God is our strength, and with him, nothing is impossible. So, enjoy the photos, and keep us both in your prayers.





D

No comments:

Post a Comment